Breathtaking beaches. Fabulous screening venues. Charity galas. Exquisite hotels. Delectable restaurants. Immaculate streets,
Add. . . Vintners. Ardent fans. And you, the Visionary Film makers.
The Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival (VBWFF) benefits Suncoast Mental Health Center which provides life-changing services to over 1,400 children and families in Vero Beach and the four Treasure Coast counties.
VBWFF runs from June 7-10, 2018.
Past attendees include box office film star Burt Reynolds, VBWFF 2017 “A Life Worth Living Legend” Award Honoree and Peabody award-winning Director Jeff Woolnough.
Festival jury members and special guests have included: Molly Smith, Academy Award-winning producer, Ari Sandel, Academy Award-winning Director, Jeffrey Lyons, Emmy award-winning critic, producers Neil Mandt, Barry Shapiro, Sean Carey and Ngoc Nguyen, director Adam Rifkin, actor Geoff Stults, screenwriter Aaron Mendelsohn, and blockbuster marketing veteran, Gordon Nordstrom.
Featuring unique films from both Hollywood and Independents, and wines from top boutique vintners from around the country, the VBWFF is a unique, full-bodied experience to celebrate our theme of “a life worth living.”
As such, we are looking for compelling subject matter that shows the value of a "life worth living" from various perspectives from the happy ending to the not so happy ending and everything in between. We appreciate great cinematography, quality sound and exceptional stories.
As an intimate festival, our community truly welcomes you. Chances are, you will have sold-out showings of your film and our audiences will get you. They laugh, they cry and ask all the right questions. And, on top of all that, you will be wined & dined! But you don’t just have to hear that from us.
Here is what other filmmakers had to say about the Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival:
“The content was great, the connections were great, the events were dope! Congratulations … and thank you for letting me be a part of such a dope event. I can’t wait to come back and share some more films with you and your beautiful city.” – BEATBOX, Curtiss Cook, Jr, Actor
“… The audiences were wonderful, the place is paradise, and it was an incredible experience to see our film with a glass of wine in our hands … and the audience feedback was incredible! – The Colossal Failure of the Modern Relationship, Sergio Navarretta, Director & Alessandra Piccione, Writer
“… I can’t believe it was your first year – what a great mix of films, parties, food, wine…! I commend you on starting a great festival and look forward to submitting our future projects – and hope to be able to join you again in Vero!” – Ron Taylor Dr. Baseball, Drew Taylor – Director & Producer
“What an incredible job you did on year one! …It feels like you have the perfect storm down there – the right community, the right destination, and … the right vision.” – The Week, John Mann – Director & Writer
Highlights of This Extraordinary Pairing of Wine + Film:
- Screening of 50+ Independent, International and Hollywood Films
- “A Life Worth Living” Legend Award – 2017 Honoree Burt Reynolds, Trail-blazing film star, 2016 Honoree, Gloria Estefan, Tony nominated singer
- Jury Film Prize for Documentary, Feature and Shorts category films
- Audience Choice Award for Documentary, Feature and Shorts category films
- 10 Hip, Vibe-Centric Beachside & Downtown Venues
- VIP Welcome Party for Filmmakers & Vintners
- Exclusive Filmmaker Lounge
- Moderated Filmmaker Panels
- “Vero Visions” - Recognizing Treasure Coast Films, Actors and Filmmakers
- "Vero After Dark" - Screening and after party for the eclectic
- NEXT UP! Young Filmmakers Competition for emerging filmmakers
- Wine Tasting Lounges Pre and Post Screenings
- “Vino Veritas” Winemaker Dinner
And so much more …
We hope to have you join us to “Sip! See! AND Savor the Experience!
Awards & Prizes
Jury Prize for Documentary, Feature, Comedy and Dramatic Shorts
Audience Choice Awards for Documentary, Feature, Comedy and Dramatic Shorts
Vero Visions Award
NEXT UP! Student Filmmaker Award
Rules & Terms
The Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival will take place in Vero Beach, FL from June 8-11, 2018.
1. Submission Deadline
Submissions will be accepted from September 15, 2017. The early deadline is November 17, 2017, the regular deadline is January 16, 2018, the late deadline is February 16, 2018, and the Final Deadline is March 16, 2018. Early entry is encouraged but in no way guarantees acceptance.
2. Submission Format
Films must be submitted on DVD, BLU RAY, USB drive or via a link with password (Vimeo or YouTube) or the FilmFreeway online screener only. The title, submission ID number, screening format, and running time must be clearly labeled on the disc and cover. Please avoid stickers on the cover. Submitted copies will not be returned.
3. Premiere Status
- There is no premiere policy.
4. Submission Fee
All submissions for Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival are to be paid by credit card or Paypal. The submission fee is non-refundable.
Submissions should be sent to:
Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival
1360 US Hwy 1 Suite 6
Vero Beach, Fl 32960
All shipping and postage costs for the submission package and, if the film is selected for the Festival, for all prints, tapes and additional materials sent to and returned from Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival must be borne by the submitting party. Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival will not accept Cash On Delivery shipments. Vero Beach Wine and Film Festival will not absorb any fees incurred in customs. All charges must be pre-paid. Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival will not accept submissions if customs and delivery fees have not been paid by the submitting party.
Submission packages from outside the US must be labeled 'Trade Sample' on any customs label and, for customs purposes, must be given a value of no more than US$10.
6. Selection of Films
Submissions are reviewed and selected under the following criteria:
Strength of story
Quality of narrative and production values
Independent nature of the production
Reflects "Life Worth Living" Theme
Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival endeavors to complete all selection procedures on April 9, 2018 and inform all submitting parties, in writing, if their film has been successful or not after that time. Successful submissions will receive a Filmmaker Festival Pack that will include important information on shipping the print or DVD/BluRay, USB drive and/or .wav file to the Festival, press and publicity, guest accreditation, contact information and how to make the most of participating in the Festival.
A selected DVD/BluRay, USB Drive or .mov file must be received at Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival no later than THIRTY days prior to its scheduled screening date for features, and FORTY-FIVE days for shorts. The Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival will take place from June 7-10, 2018.
7. . If your film is accepted to be part of the program, you will do your best to work with us to have the film’s director and other key personnel (actors, writers, producers, etc.) attending the festival to present the film and interact with the Vero Beach audience.
8. Festival Screenings and Scheduling
Vero Beach Wine and Film Festival has the capability to screen USB drive, .wav, BluRay, and DVD.
Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival aspires to provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection, nor will fees be refunded in any such case. Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival assumes that the submitting party or filmmaker(s) or entrant(s) or print source company has insured for damage and loss of the festival print or tape.
Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival. While every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection, and no film may be screened outside the festival venue during the Festival and before its official presentation without the approval of Vero Beach Wine and Film Festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to Project eF Works, LLC (the "PROJECT") for consideration for the Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or the PROJECT because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or the PROJECT of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the PROJECT, the Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisers and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Institute or the Festival.
6. In the event that the Film is accepted into the official Festival program, myself and all other parties involved with the Film agree that the Film will not associate with nor receive support from corporations during or related to the Film's participation in the Festival that are not Official sponsors or supporters of the Festival without prior written consent of the Institute. Methods of support include: hosting a dinner, party or junket for or in conjunction with the Film, providing media space for roundtable or one-on-one interviews, etc. The PROJECT is producing a fundraiser for a non-profit organization that relies on the funding of our official sponsors and supporters to produce the Festival. For an official list of sponsors and supporters, please refer to the contributors list at http://www.vbwff.com. If you have been approached by a company or corporation that does not appear on this list, they are NOT officially aligned with the Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. The Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
8. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Florida and conclusively determined by arbitration in Indian River County in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
9. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival.
10. By clicking "I Agree" below, or by submitting a film or screenplay to PROJECT, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the PROJECT or the Festival.