Orlando, FL — November 2–4, 2018
The Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival is the home of the weirdest, most twisted, most aggressively bizarre indie movies being made!
Welcome to Sick ’n’ Wrong, the only film festival that peels back the decaying flesh of conventional cinema, cracks open the bones underneath, digs down through the fat and gristle, and rips out the throbbing black heart of film art so everyone can bask in its terrible beauty.
At Sick ’n’ Wrong, we’re not (just) about unspeakable gore, and we’re not (only) into shockingly tasteless humor—we welcome the weird, the uncategorizable, the aggressively bizarre. If you’re an indie filmmaker, and your work makes the traditional festivals cringe or shake their heads in confusion, then Sick ’n’ Wrong is probably your true home.
Sign up for the Sick ’n’ Wrong filmmakers’ email list here: http://eepurl.com/cJkj3r
Awards & Prizes
Winning filmmakers will receive custom sculpted statuettes. Awards will be given in the following categories:
Best Special Effects
Audience Favorite—voted on in real time by the attendees
Plus two more in these Sick ’n’ Wrong–specific categories:
Sickest—for the most viscerally gut-wrenching visuals
Wrongest—for the most horrifically inappropriate story content!
Rules & Terms
Sick ’n’ Wrong accepts submissions exclusively through FilmFreeway. All submissions must have been completed after December 31, 2016.
You also have to acknowledge and agree to this legal stuff:
1. You have read and understood all the rules and terms and do fully comply with them.
2. Your film is not subject to any litigation, nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. You possess all the necessary rights to submit your film to the festival (including the full rights to the use all of the music in the film).
4. You indemnify and hold harmless the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival as well as its directors, judges, and sponsors and anyone affiliated with the festival of any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of the court) that may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening film entered, or any other claim resulting from your entry.
5. You grant the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival the right to use any still images or excerpts from the film, as well as any titles, written copy, and/or other information included with the film submission, for promotional purposes.
6. You give permission for the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival to screen the film at the 2018 Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival. (Any future screenings will only be done with your permission.)