Prokuplje Short Film Festival, founded in 2011, is the youngest film festival in Serbia. In Prokplje is event where audience can see the best from the field of documentary, experimental, animated and fiction from around the world. Prokuplje is administrative,economic and cultural centre of the Municipality and the Toplica region. It is situated at south of Serbia, at river Toplica middle course, on the 43 24’of northern latitude and 21 19’ of eastern longitude at 255m above the sea level. Toplica region covers 2.230 square kolometres and Municipality of Prokuplje 759km2. According to the last census from 2002 year there were 48.501 inhabitant in Prokuplje Municipality and 27.673 inhabitants in town itself, with average 64 inhabitants per square kolometre. Toplica region belongs to Rodopi mountain chain, the oldest mountain chain on Balkan peninsula , and Dinara mauntain chain.
Awards & Prizes
Prokuplje Donkey and special prizes
Rules & Terms
- We accept films online or DVD.
- We accept films in fiction, experimental, documentary and animation genre under 30 minutes in length.
- Theme: Free Choice
- Produced after the 1st of January 2016.
- We accept multiple entries from the same filmmaker. Each entry must be accompanied by its own signed permission slip.
- Selected films will be part of our competitive programme and in Film Festival Tour.
- If your films dialog is not in English or Serbian, it will require English or Serbian subtitles and send dialog list.
- We do not return submitted films.
Please send film before 15. February 2018. and two photographs from the film, photographs of the author, biography, dialog list and entry form.
Participants agree and commit :
- to be in full possession of the presented films’ rights (with particular regard to soundtracks, copyright and model release waivers);
- to concede rights on an ex gratia basis to the organizers, for the festival and future additional film screenings;
- to authorize the organizers to use photograms or film extracts for promotional ends in Serbia and abroad.