This festival promotes both amateur and professional, independent films. This year's festival will take place at JAIPUR (INDIA). Submission forms and Submission guidelines are available on its website www.pbisff.com. This Festival has been organized by Gravity Group
* Season 3, will be held on 23-24 February 2019 in Jaipur.
The last date for submission of entries will be available on www.pbisff.com soon.
The competition section provides an opportunity for upcoming filmmakers to showcase their work to a global audience. Over 25 films will be showcased during the festival. The festival is not just about unique films; it's also a wholesome package of entertainment. In Season 1st, there’ll be a special focus on children's films and women-oriented films.
Awards & Prizes
Available on its website www.pbisff.com
Rules & Terms
1. All films/documentaries shot on film or Video or Mobile (Analog / Digital format) before 31st December 2018 within a running duration of 30 seconds to 30 minutes (as per category) are eligible for the festival.
2. Entries of all films/documentaries/music videos/ and/or other videos (hereafter collectively called Films) shall be accepted only in DVD/BLURAY format.
3. If the language of the film is other than English/Hindi or Rajasthani, if the film is other than these languages, it must be dubbed or subtitled in English.
4. Films may be entered by any individual producer or director, organization, production house or agency.
5. PBISFF reserves the right to reject any film that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, contains prohibited content or is offensive, inappropriate or otherwise unacceptable.
6. All entries must be postmarked by January 10, 2019, to be eligible.
7. All eligible entries received by PBISFF will be judged by the PBISFF selection committee. Selections will be notified by email on January 31st, 2019.
8. By submitting your film for consideration to the PIGGY BANK INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Season-III), you agree to allow PBISFF to screen your film if it is an official selection of the festival and, therefore, are obligated to your commitment.
9. Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs/BLURAYs, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
10. PBISFF would be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the Entry and the same will not be returned to the entrants.
11. Student/Diploma films/videos cannot be considered as Director's First film.
12. Censorship will not be applicable to any films/videos entered in the festival.
13. The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen in different cities of India including Jaipur, on the non-commercial basis.
14. For promotional/publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network/Internet or related media.
15. Entry Forms with incorrect/inadequate/illegible/ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
16. DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs without any physical/quality defects.
17. Prize and certificate will be awarded to the director (s) or producer(s) of the film.
(For any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy will be covered by the recipient, not the Festival organizers.)
18. All eligible entries will receive a certificate.
19. Anybody can submit one or more than one entry. There is no limit for submission.
20. Films once submitted for the festival will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances, until the Festival is over.
21. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
22. Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding on all parties.
Following points may please be noted/check before submission/sending the entry:
1. complete entry form online
2. 2 DVD’s of the film or Download link
3. Synopsis of the Film -150 words
4. About Director (Bio Data)-150 words
5. Photograph of Director of the film
6. Still photographs of the film (minimum two)
7. Production still (minimum two)
8. Poster (if any)
9. Censorship (if you have censorship certificate from Govt. of India, please attach)
10. A customs invoice should be included in this consignment which should be clearly marked:
'FESTIVAL MATERIAL - CULTURAL VALUE'
11. Important Dates:
a. May 1, 2018: Opening Date
b. August 31, 2018: Earlybird Deadline
c. October 31, 2018: Regular Deadline
d. November 30, 2018: Late Deadline
e. December 31, 2018: Extended Deadline
f. January 16, 2019: Notification Date
g. February 23 – 24, 2019: Event Date
NOTE: Festival office will confirm delivery of parcels which are included in your confirmation email.
Best films in each category
Please submit and updates us about your submission at email@example.com your submission is for which film festival above.
As per festival policy the jury details shall not be announced before Award Ceremony.
DVD in PAL region 0 or 1. Please preview your DVD before submitting it, to make sure it plays correctly!
INFO NEEDED: Film title, director name, genre, total running time of the film (TRT), logline, and your contact info.
Short and Documentaries – up to 30 minutes,
Music Video – up to 7 minutes,
Animation – up to 30 minutes.
Films not in the Hindi/English/Rajasthani language must have English subtitles. No dubbed films will be accepted.
All submissions will be acknowledged via email. Include the emails for all individuals named on the entry form who may be interested in learning the results of the competition.
Submissions are reviewed, judged and selected under the following criteria:
Quality of narrative and production values
Independent nature of the project
Unique story, well-told
Cinematic & Entertainment value
Audience, producer & distributor interest
WINNER, FINALIST & SEMI-FINALIST ANNOUNCEMENT :
Contest winners will be announced prior to the festival event, and awards will be presented to the winners during the Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival awards ceremony. The winners will also be announced on the Piggy Bank official website. No individual e-mail or letter announcements to finalist or winners will be sent out. It’s up to you to check the website for the status of your submission.
Piggy Bank endeavors to complete all selection procedures in January, 2019, and to inform all submitter, via the <b>Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival's</b> website, If your film submission is selected for screening at the film of festival, you will be contacted by e-mail with a request for a Blu-ray or DVD back-up, more details, screening time, venue, time and date, and how to make the most of participating in the festival.
FILMMAKERS, PLEASE NOTE:
SELECTED FILMS FORMAT:
Selected filmmakers MUST provide a DVD/Blu-ray promptly when requested, in order to be screened at the Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival, as well as a backup Blu-ray or DVD. All films will be screened at the film festival event in DVD/Blu-ray format.
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND THE FILM FESTIVAL EVENT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU’RE A SHORTLISTED OR FINALIST OR WINNER IN ANY CATEGORY, AND/OR YOUR FILM IS BEING SCREENED!
All Submitted entries will receive a digital certificate via email within one month of Film Festival.
It is mandatory to carry official submission acceptance email’s printout at the time of receiving the certificate at the festival award ceremony.
Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival officials reserve the right to decline to select a semi-finalist, finalist or winner in any category and at any stage of the judging if there are no acceptable winning, finalist or semi-finalist entries in that category.
All filmmakers may register as a delegate to attend the festival. Hospitality charges are applicable for filmmakers & attendees, which include lunch, tea/coffee with cookies.
Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival (Season-III) does not take any type financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. All Travel, Lodging & Boarding and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained.
Once the film submitted can’t be withdrawn in any circumstances, however, festival director reserves the rights to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
By submitting the movie to Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival (Season III), Filmmaker/Producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of the film.
Submission fees are non-refundable.
Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival reserves all rights of submitted films to showcase these films on any platform without taking additional consent from the submitter.
By submitting your film, it is understood that you accept all terms and conditions of Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival.
(*© All rights reserved with Piggy Bank International Short Film Festival.)