ONLY FOR CIS COUNTRIES, BALTIC STATES AND GEORGIA!
Kyrgyzstan - Land of Short Films is an annual international film festival held to celebrate short films from the former Soviet Union, Baltic states and Georgia. The International Film Festival Kyrgyzstan - Land of Short Films will be held December 12 to December 15 every year in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
In 2011, Kyrgyzstan - Land of Short Films was founded by director, producer, and public figure, Sadyk Sher-Niyaz. Each year the Festival is held by Aitysh Public Fund, Aitysh Film, and the Union of Filmmakers of the Kyrgyzstan from December 12 - December 15. The Festival Opening marks the birthday of the famous Kyrgyz writer Chingiz Aitmatov. Each year the Festival is held at the Manas Cinema Hall in Bishkek. The official language of the Film Festival is Russian. The Festival accepts all short films (including documentary, animations, and live action) from the former Soviet Union, including the Republic of Georgia and the Baltic states.
The Festival includes two programs—International and National Competition.
Each year the Festival invites 5 Jury Members well-known throughout the former Soviet Union to participate in the Festival Programs.
Awards & Prizes
The Festival Jury selects the final awards for the International and National competitions in the following categories:
Special Jury Prize
The Festival awards cash prizes for the winners in the total amount of 500,000 Kyrgyz som.
Rules & Terms
- Film festival accepts films only from the former Soviet Union, Baltic States and Georgia
- The Selection commission consider the films of 2017 and 2018
- The Selection commission does not consider the films which timing exceeds 30 min.
- Films presented on a festival should not contain promotion of violence, national, racial and religious intolerance, an insult of moral senses of the person.
For participation in selection it is necessary to present the following materials to the e-mail email@example.com:
- The electronic application. The application form can be downloaded here http://kgskf.org/reglament
- Photo of the director
- Stills from the movie 3-5 pcs.
- Biography and filmography of the director
- Link to the film for preview with a password or DVD with the film by mail to the management of the Festival.
625, Jibek Jolu street