WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
My goal in founding Drunken Film Fest was to provide comfortable, unique, and most importantly FREE spaces to show our films. That led me to the amazing local pub scene of Bradford - hence 'Drunken' Film Fest. It's not about getting drunk on booze; it's about getting drunk on film, having great conversations, and exploring the amazing venues this city has to offer.
— Jax Griffin, festival founder and director
Awards & Prizes
"...the perk of getting our film reviewed by Film Inquiry as a result of winning Best Documentary was extraordinarily unique and something I haven't seen offered at any other festival.'' - Brian Gersten, director of The Hollerin Contest at Spivey's Corner, Winner Best Documentary DFF 2016
WHAT STUFF CAN YOU WIN?
We are very pleased to announce that we have some killer prizes on offer.
BEST OF THE FEST
The best overall film of the 2018 festival (inclusive of ALL categories, except script) will receive a copy of DaVinci Resolve Studio and Fusion Studio from Blackmagic Design, a product package from Red Giant, and more to be announced. Winner will also receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. (www.inktip.com)
Prize Value Estimate: £1000+
BEST NARRATIVE FILM
The best narrative film will be reviewed by Film Inquiry (www.filminquiry.com).
BEST AVANT-GARDE FILM
The best avant-garde film will be reviewed by Film Inquiry (www.filminquiry.com).
The best documentary film will be reviewed by Film Inquiry (www.filminquiry.com).
Winner of the Short Script competition will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. (www.inktip.com)
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers they found through InkTip.
BEST CYCLING FILM
Sponsored Prize TBA
Rules & Terms
1. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE THROUGH FILMFREEWAY.
2. All films must be available to be screened in the United Kingdom and be free of licensing fees.
3. All films must be submitted in a screenable format (either PAL DVD or Quicktime).
4. All films must have been completed after 01 January 2017.
5. No more than 3 submissions per person. Submitting more than 3 films/screenplays will result in immediate disqualification.
6. Films made in languages other than English must include subtitles.
7. Please include copy of Student ID with all student film submissions.
8. By entering Drunken Film Fest - Bradford, you give the organisers of the festival permission to screen your film and to use any promotional stills or descriptions for festival advertising.