Bozeman Film Celebration is dedicated to understanding diverse points of view and is in the vanguard in restoring media literacy among our youth. The BZN vision is to highlight movies that make a positive impact on audiences—stories that showcase the best of the human spirit while inviting a call to action. We champion films that educate and enrich while they entertain: documentaries, indies, comedies, features and shorts that make our cut must be intelligent and thought-provoking, inspire curiosity and encourage community and global awareness. Above all, they should stimulate conversation—a lost art we’re determined to help restore.
The Bozeman Film Celebration's BZN International Film Festival will run June 6-9, 2019, and spotlights women filmmakers, directors, actors and producers who are ready to take the helm, pioneering projects to change current statistics and elevate women’s visions and voices. We are seeking submissions that define strong women who respect themselves and know their worth. These characters - fictional and real - may choose to be intrepid adventurers as well as strong partners, mothers, friends and businesswomen and along the way they inspire, energize and embolden people of all ages regardless of their sex or ethnicity.
About Bozeman Film Celebration
We are thrilled to launch the inaugural event this June, and look forward to welcoming filmmakers, speakers and leaders in the film industry to Bozeman, ranked as one of the 20 most beautiful towns in America by Conde Nast Traveller!
BZN is dedicated to supporting and promoting women’s voices in film and the film industry, and as such will present a series of events and conversations that will focus on various challenges and elements of filmmaking as a woman.
Awards & Prizes
The Bozeman Film Celebration is devoted to nurturing a collaborative and non-competitive atmosphere, and as such does not offer juried awards. Rather, BZN looks to our audience for the winners, and will present an Audience Award for each genre and length.
Every film that screens will be considered for the following:
Audience Award - Narrative Short
Audience Award - Narrative Feature
Audience Award - Documentary Short
Audience Award - Documentary Feature
Audience Award - Experimental/Animation Short
The BZN Spirit Award - Given to the film, short or feature, that most honors the BZN Mission
Rules & Terms
• Entry fees are non refundable and are payable by credit card only.
• Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
• If a feature film is accepted, we encourage one female filmmaker or member of the film team attend the festival to represent the film during the audience Q&A and participate in the festival experience.
• Filmmaker has all necessary legal authority and rights required to submit this film to the BZN.
• All filmmakers will be notified by May 1 of their status.
• If accepted, the filmmaker will assume all responsibility for shipping and insurance costs to / from the Festival Office. Please include all relevant return addresses & instructions in the packaging.
• The date, time and location of the screenings of films are solely at the discretion of the Bozeman Film Celebration.
• All filmmakers must be able to provide BOTH a BluRay AND a DCP. In certain cases BZN may request a QuickTime file, and will contact the filmmaker directly if so. Materials must be postmarked by May 8. BZN does not accept H264 files. (Please read this handy guide if you're having any issues with prepping your screening materials: bit.ly/2m10Qkn)
• BZN is not a “premiere” festival meaning that your film does not have to be a premiere to be accepted.
Questions regarding submissions to BZN may be directed to email@example.com
• By submitting your film, you grant BZN the right to utilize an excerpt from this film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Celebration for promotional purposes.
We look forward to seeing your film!