...The 2nd Blue Danube Film Festival will be placed both in Vienna and Budapest (24-28 November 2018 - Vienna, 1 December 2018 - Budapest)...
The Blue Danube Film Festival is a short film festival, which showcases independent films from all over the world. We encourage creativity and experimentation. We are open to all kinds of films. The Blue Danube Film Festival aims to inspire motivate a talented filmmakers from around the world, who is looking for new forms and explore the various society and human problems.
Films are evaluated by Jury within the context of the category through the filter of generally accepted filmmaking quality criteria (ie.: individual vision, production and aesthetic quality, structure, cinematography, direction, creativity, etc.).
The Official Selection (approx. 75 films) will be taken in Vienna, the winning films (approx. 25 films) will be screened in Budapest.
So the viewers might watch about 25 films, which will be visible in both capitals.
According to creators' intention the submitted films can be viewed on our website (Youtube or Vimeo or link). We also show the movie's synopsis, trailer, director biography, social media links, photos etc. in our website!
We are looking forward to the movies!
Awards & Prizes
Best Short Film - Prize Money + Certification
Best Super Short Film - Prize Money + Certification
Best Documentary Film - Prize Money + Certification
Best Animation Film - Prize Money + Certification
Best Experimental Film - Prize Money + Certification
All winners will receive Prize Money and Certifications and Gold Laurels, with the "WINNER" label to be used as the filmmaker sees fit for marketing and promotional purpose.
All the movies we choose will receive "Official Selection" laurels to be used for marketing and promotional materials as the filmmaker sees fit. All the Official selection and the Winners will announced on our website, as they wish, with the links of their films and movie trailers.
Depending on the nominating films in each category, the jury will award additional prizes, the "Best Director" and "Special Jury Award" awards. The special awards winners will receive certification.
The Student Jury will also award the best film by category.
The viewers can vote in the Vienna screenings. Movies that receives the most votes per category will receive a certification (Audience Award).
Total prize money: 800 USD.
Rules & Terms
1. Blue Danube Film Festival accept all forms and genres, produced after January 2016. All films must be in English or have English subtitles. Films that have already participated in the previous Blue Danube Film Festival Official Selection will not be eligible for the competition.
2. We only accept digital submissions of HD quality (720p or better).
3. The total length of the super short movie is max. 5 minutes, of the short movie is from 5 minutes to 40 minutes and the movies in other categories are max. 40 minutes.
4. Each filmmaker can submit several projects, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee.
5. All fees are non-refundable.
6. The filmmakers certifies to have full rights. Filmmakers are responsible for acquiring copyrights, licenses and releases for media used in their films. Filmmakers will indemnify the organisers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
7. Films submitted may not strengthen the racial, ethnic, religious, gender or politic conflits, pornography, incitement to offenses or other violations of law. Applicants whose Films does not meet these requirements can be excluded from the competition by the Organizers.
8. By submitting their film, filmmakers gives Blue Danube Film Festival the right to post their posters, trailers, website and social media links on our website. If the filmmaker want to keep his movie private, we will only mention the movie title, director and a movie poster (if one is available). According to creators' intention the submitted films can be viewed on our website (Youtube or Vimeo or link).
9. The Festival treat all submissions with utmost care and confidentiality. The filmmaker agrees that if his film is selected by the jury for public screening, the Festival can download it for screening.
10. All selected films and winners will receive the laurels and certificates via email. Money prizes will be sent by transfer.
11. The jury's decision is final.
12. The Festival reserves the right to make anynecessary changes in regulations or scheduling.