November 21 – 24, 2018
The Animation Marathon aims to become a forum of artists from Greece and abroad, related to animation and audiovisual arts in general, and who, to a large extent, will explore and expand the boundaries both in the field of animation and of various forms of visual arts.
Awards & Prizes
Awards & Prizes will be announced soon.
Rules & Terms
4TH ANIMATION MARATHON 2018 – Rules and Terms
Categories for Entry
Animation Marathon welcomes only short animated films.
Conditions for Entry
The following screening formats are eligible for inclusion: H.264
- File extension: .mp4 or .mov
- Video Codec: H.264
- Video Frame Rate: 24, 25, 29.97 or 30 fps
- Aspect ratio: we accept any aspect ratio
- Resolution: 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080
- Field Dominance: Progressive
- Audio: AAC 48 kHz
- File size: up to 5 GB
To be eligible for the short film competition, films must have been completed since 1 January 2016 and be 30 minutes or less in duration.
Non-English language films
The official languages of the festival are English and Greek.
To qualify for selection, all non-English language films must have an English-subtitled screening copy available.
The submission of films may proceed in these ways:
1. Directly at the festival website: www.animationmarathon.eu
2. External submission platform FilmFreeway
Screening copies must be provided for all accepted films.
For films submitted through FilmFreeway the submissions must be available for download through their equivalent platform.
For films submitted through the festival website the films must be uploaded to the Festival’s Cloud (instructions will be sent to the participants after they have been accepted) or provided through a downloadable link from www.dailymotion.com.
No other means of screening copy submission will be accepted (dropbox, ftp, googledrive etc.)
If participants do not provide a screening copy through the methods mentioned above their film will be disqualified.
The entrant agrees that up to 30’’ of their film, stills and film info may be used by the festival in promotional activities including screening a clip on television and on the festival’s website.
1. Entering a film implies the acceptance of these regulations.
2. When submitting to Animation Marathon, you are agreeing to screen the submitted film during the dates of the festival.
3. You may not re-submit a project that was part of the official selection of a previous edition of the festival.
4. By submitting a film to Animation Marathon, the submitter represents that he or she has obtained the necessary consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film and has agreed to the terms.
5. Upon completion of the festival selection process, organizing committee will contact the submitter using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify him/her of the film’s acceptance status. Animation Marathon will not be held responsible for any failure to contact the submitter using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is responsibility of the submitter to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct.
6. Animation Marathon is under no obligation to provide to the submitter or any other representative of the film any comments or feedback regarding the submitted film.
7. Animation Marathon does not pay screening fees for submitted films.
8. Animation Marathon has the right to add, alter, change, or delete any portion of the guidelines at anytime without notice.
Terms and conditions update: 09 July 2018.
Animation Marathon wishes you the best of luck.
Art / EUROPEAN ANIMATION CENTER
43, Dinokratous str.
Submission Period: 27th March 2018 - 30th September 2018
Notification Date: 15th October 2018
Event Date: 21st-24th November 2018